15-Year Old Boy Burnt to Death In Monrovia
By: Charles Crawford
Posted February 4, 2004
The Chugbor Community on the Old Road, Sinkor, was recently the scene of sorrow and weeping when a 6-bedroom zinc house was gutted by fire leaving a 15-year old boy, only identified as JR, burnt to death.
According to eyewitnesses, two little boys who were also victims of the unfortunate incident, sustained third degree burns.
The pathetic incident occurred at about 11:30 p.m. when the room in which the Late JR and others were sleeping was gutted by fire from a candle light.
According to sources, it was the late JR’s brother who first raised an alarm when he got awaken from the heat of the blazing fire for other occupants to rush out to safety.
The witnesses said, JR who also got up but in a confused state, decided to remain in the house despite the raging flame, apparently to ensure that all others could get outside safely, and at the same time put out the fire. Unfortunately, the situation turned out on the contrary, as JR rather left in the inferno, thus burning beyond recognition.
Meanwhile, the two little boys Friday Neufville and Mahnei Bondo who sustained serious burns have been placed on the critical list in a local hospital, according to their father Mr. K. Napoleon Dadzie.